Friday, January 08, 2010

MY LITTLE CUBE OF FREEDOM KEEPS GETTING SMALLER!

Last month Time magazine wrote that in U.S. Congress last year, 8,696 Bills were introduced! Lots of laws eh? Now let's add the State legislators list of their bills and laws affecting us at a State level, then of course our thousands of thousands of city legislators making more and more laws and ordinances continuing to cut even more of our individual liberty down.

Maybe it's because when I was young each American's area of individual freedom was a cube that was big and wide.

Of course we had simple and common sense laws; laws like no chewing gum in school, or no-fishing or no-swimming gradually a few no-hunting signs appeared.

Now in my later years I can actually see the little cube of freedom my government allows me continuing to shrink. It's so small now that almost anywhere I step I've violated some ordinance!

Have you ever noticed that the smaller our cubes of individual freedom get the larger the prison population gets? Still the legislators keep chopping our freedoms down with new laws.

Be happy and content in the cube of liberty we allow you ... for the good of all!

Living in America used to smell free! I remember awakening each morning breathing American air. I breathed freedom and it was good.

Today's younger generation has adapted quite well to their shrinking cube of freedom ... finding a corner in the their box of liberty they sit contentedly with their 'GameBoy's' living out their vicarious dreams. Another synthetic solution.

Three cheers for the technology that will keep us amused and contented as our shrinking box of freedom grows ever smaller. Does it bother you?

I guess only a few of us are uncomfortable with what's going on.

Not only is my little space of freedom shrinking but my independence is becoming cramped. It seems that my independence is becoming a threat to others. Especially when we are all being groomed to be dependant and politically correct.

I've always been proud of being part of the top of the species line ... 'Homo sapiens' and specifically proud that I was created a man, however being an intelligent man I refuse to lower myself into being one of the politically correct and dependant lemming of today ... playing 'follow the leader' over the cliff! A rather terminal concept. Not for me.

Every year, out of the schools, colleges and universities pour millions of young, politically correct lemmings. Prepared by the professors of academia to be led; well prepared to fit into the lemming parade.

As I see it ... the fate of a lemming is nothing to be proud of!

I wonder what it would be like to smell again the sweet fragrance of Freedom? Boy it's getting tight in this little cube.