Saturday, March 27, 2010

FOR THE SAKE OF THE POOR?

On this health care thing it seems the tune is love and the lyrics are compassion. From every politician's mouth comes, "for the sake of compassion" ... "for the 30 million not covered by health care." From that point on, the heart wrenching narratives roll. From a closed-door meeting, I bet someone suggests, "lets sell this bill on compassion for the poor! Go for the heart ... compassion will sell it!" And they did.

Is that what sold the bill? Of course!!

I for one am tired of heart wrenching rhetoric. The stories may be true but using them to obligate the masses isn't right.

I don't know if you are like me, but I wonder if there isn't a dirty little secret Obama, Nancy, Harry and their bunch of politicians are holding in their personal histories.

I guess you could call me skeptical.

I for one would like to have each one of them open up their personal lives and show us how much they have personally given of their own time and resources to charity for no motive other than compassion for the poor. How much they personally have sacrificed for the poor. How much (proportionally) of their own money they have given to charity. Show us your history of personal charity.

Are these guys true examples of what they preach?

When it comes to generosity and true concern for the poor it seems they all have a great ability of taking other peoples money and distributing it to the poor ... under their own name and for their own political good!

If what they're doing isn't wrong, why they're doing it is. I think we the people have every right to question the motives of the whole crew, from the top man down!

Controlling and manipulating people for their own political ends, and using our money to do it.

It just isn't right.