Sunday, April 08, 2012

GOOD NEWS TODAY!


I was in a good mood this morning as I headed out to check my mail. Ahh, one of those nice California mornings: the sun was out and a nice breeze blowing. I opened my mail box to see what I had. What goodies were inside?

I quickly cleared out the bulk mail and advertisements, then separated the bills.

Ahh, here's a small personalized letter for me. First class stamp and Addressed to Erhardt Von Trutzschler. My name and address were typed on the envelope. A real letter. I wondered who it could be from. I quickly opened it.

On the top of the stationary was a beautiful picture of a group of shade trees ... and a banner across the picture that read "WIN A PRE-PAID CREMATION!" along with the contest rules. (Contest only applies to those who haven't been cremated before.)

The letter read "Dear Erhardt, For a variety of reasons , more and more people are choosing cremation over traditional funeral and burial arrangements. And the numbers are growing every year!"

Oh Joy! A letter like this sets the soul singing! Especially if you are over eighty years old. Nothing personal of course. Von, inexpensively, reduced, granulated and compacted into a simple, yet beautiful urn ... I wondered, does the Urn come free with the ... er ... burn?

The contest instructions are vague on this. It's true, an Urn would look nicer on someone's shelf than, say, a coffee can with my name duct-taped to the can. That would look a bit tacky!

Yep! I entered the contest. Hey! What can I lose?