Tuesday, January 17, 2012

TWO IS A POWERFUL NUMBER!


I was asked to speak in a small church in San Diego. In the meantime, I had undergone an operation on my right shoulder. My arm was in a sling and doing O. K. I had a little pain and asked my niece to give me a couple of pain pills in case I needed them. So I had these pills on my bathroom sink.

Well, Sunday came, as it always does, and because I couldn't drive with my arm in a sling, my niece offered to drive me to the church where I was to preach.

She was parked near my garage.

I was ready and prepared, but in going down my stairs to the garage where my niece was waiting ... I tripped and fell against the railing. My shoulder hit the wall! Oh boy! Now I was in real pain.

Suddenly, I remembered the pain pills in my bathroom. Thank you Lord. I hobbled back up the stairs and grabbed two white pain pills and downed them with some water, and slowly, carefully and painfully descended down the stairs and slowly got into my nieces nice car.

As we drove off, I started feeling a little better. In a matter of miles I was feeling great! What a wonderful day this is!

I remember walking into Church that Sunday morning feeling better than I had in years! I have to smile here.

As they introduced me to speak I was feeling no pain.

Well, I got honest with the people right from the start ... They knew me as I had spoken there before.

My opening statement was ... "Well folks, this morning I'm stoned! I took some pain pills and I feel great!. I hope you like my message ... if you don't, well I don't much care!"

We all enjoyed the message, perhaps I enjoyed it the most.

Yes, I was invited back.