I live in San Diego, in a big collection of middle class Townhouses called Canyon Rim. From my kitchen window I watch the dog walkers. A growing number of these couples are opting for pets not children. I'm glad, very glad to see this growing parade of doggies. (I've only seen one cat being "walked" and that was a hopeless exercise in futility!)
In my opinion, today, having a pet become the third person in the family is a wise decision. Biologically today's adult couples are qualified to create kids, however in my opinion, rare indeed is the couple today that's qualified to "parent" their child, or God forbid, "children" to mature adulthood. Buy a pet!
I know most every woman at one time in her life wants a "baby". Unfortunately, every little baby grows to be an adult. Parenting a baby to become a healthy mature adult is expensive, demands time, and competence.
CAUTION: Young couple ... buy a pet!! And you can continue your life of "recreational" sex. A pet can be loved as much as a kid and in many cases more than a kid.
Here's an impressive list of reasons why pets may be the right choice for you. Seriously consider the following ...
- Pets don't require a college education.
- Pets don't cry themselves to sleep when they find out mom and dad are divorcing ... That's for the rare couple that bothers to gets married.
- Pets will never turn out to be a teenagers that you can't manage.
- Pets won't mind going with "daddy" one weekend and "mama" the next!
- Pets won't be influenced by your hypocritical behavior.
- Pets around here in California are not male or female, they are neutered, so they won't end up horny fruit flies. Dogs and cats are a happy liberated California Unisex!
- Pets won't get into drugs or join a gang.
- Pets don't require expensive shoes or clothing!
- Pets won't demand their rights ... or say NO!
- Pets are always under your control. In your house or leashed so they won't be "hanging" together on the corner at one A.M.
- Pets don't have to be taken to school activities.
- Pets will be happy with a bone for Christmas ... try that with your teenager.
- Pets aren't into expensive clothing.
- Pets can eat once a day!
- Pets medical expenses will be a little less expensive.
- Pets won't be needing a telephone or computer.
- Pets won't surprise you by turning out Gay, transvestite or bisexual ... they are a happy unisex.
- Pets don't need the Internet.
- Pets don't get addicted to porno.
- Pets can spoiled and not make you feel guilty.
- Pets are loyal no matter how cruel you treat him he won't divorce you! ... in liberal California children can divorce their parents.
- Pets will never turn out to be a gangster, you won't be visiting him in prison.
- Pets won't steal from you to support their habit.
- Pets may mess up your floor or bed, but they will not mess up your life!
CAUTION: In my opinion, today's He and She together in a comfortable bed should have some serious "pillow talk" BEFORE creating a child. Today creating a child is optional ... undoing a twisted adult isn't.
My advice to today's young couples; plan on getting a pet ... don't create a human life only to end up screwing it up!
Just some advice from an old man who has seen too many screwed up young people here in America and in Tijuana.