Monday, August 17, 2015

SIMPLY A VEHICLE


I drive an '04 vehicle. I've spend a lot of time and many miles in this vehicle. My vehicle takes me where I want; it goes where I direct it. However It's simply a vehicle. To be sure, my vehicle is not me; we are attached only in the purpose of transport. My vehicle serves me. I'm inside my vehicle yet we are separate.

Not hard to understand.

I see a similarity in life. My body (flesh) vehicle and me; we make quite a pair. Indeed we are very close. "Until death do we part."

My flesh body is not me; it's my God given vehicle. It's my temporary earthly vehicle, my onetime and onetime only, vehicle.

My body of flesh simply exists to serve me ... to please me and fulfill my needs and desires. To do my dictates.

My body is temporal while I'm eternal. My body is flesh and blood, while I am Spirit. My body has been given a life-span while I am a forever being.

When I became born the second time. I received the option to donate my vehicle to God's use for His purpose, or to continue running it for my own pleasure. For me that decision was a struggle. At that point I made a choice. God, you can have my physical body, it's yours for your purpose and direction.

Many years have passed and as old as my vehicle is, I'm still committed to doing what I can, where I can and with whom I can ... as long as I can. Von is under God's control.

When all I can do on earth is done. When the last chapter; the last paragraph; the last sentence; and the last word is written of my life, all will be followed by a comma, not a period.

Just moving on ... Earth becomes a memory ... eternity becomes reality.