Friday, February 03, 2012

THESE BONES


Remember that old African American Spiritual "Dry Bones"? "Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones"  I've always loved the energy and truth of that song.

Okay, Ezekiel! Bring life to these dry old bones!

With due respect to my mother and father; God created and put a soul in this body called von. I was created an eternal being and placed in a temporary flesh vehicle. As in every living thing God has created, I was created on purpose, for a purpose.

God is not the author of accidents. God is not the author of chance.

God is the author of purpose.

I was quite a way into my Christian pilgrimage before I realized an important truth about of God's anatomy ... God has no hands, and He needs no hands.

I was created to be God's hands ... and on occasion His voice.

What an awareness ... what a privilege.

Why did it take me so long to find out what my hands were designed for?

Praise God, I have another day to bless others .... hands, do your job.

Read: Ezekiel  37:4