Tuesday, March 22, 2016

THE CURSE OF BEING FREE


A couple of days ago a lady asked me "Von, have you ever considered writing a book?" I've been asked that question many times and my answer was a routine… "No. I'm too busy living life to stop and write about it." At age 87, I have little time left, so there won't be any auto-biography written.

To encapsulate my life between two colorful covers would be hard to do; it would be thick and clumsy and that's exactly why it hasn't been done.

Who I am. What I've done. Where I've been, and what I'm all about, has been carefully written down and stashed away in the cyber-world of webdom. My life and thinking are open to all. They're public. They're free and I guess that's where I made a mistake. . .what's free, is cheap and cheap has no value and what has no value is, in a word, worthless.

I'm a prolific writer, at least I think I am. I've actually been writing all my professional life. Not only the who, what, and why of von, but loads of helpful study material. But it's not between two covers, it's not for sale ... it's free.

I've written hundreds of blogs containing stories and opinions… last month my website, "PASTORVON.com" received more than 38,000 hits, my web-site has been on the Web since 1995 My website is a mosaic of stories, advice to Youth Workers, pastors and missionaries. It's loaded with photos, videos and cartoons. Pastorvon.com sits there quietly waiting for those who want to look and learn.

No comments: