Sunday, October 09, 2016

HOSPITAL STAY

The first four days in October I spent in a hospital somewhere. Several reasons landed me there: My EKG tests didn’t turn out well. My pulse was erratic and unstable. Growing shortness of breath. My feet were thick and swollen, and I’m almost 90 and we could go on and on.

The exciting part was that I landed there in an ambulance, My niece said that if I came in driven by ambulance I would get a bed and single room rather than a gurney in the hallway.

As soon as I arrived I was smothered with wires ... I felt like a meatball smothered with spaghetti. Then started test after test, pill after pill and again test after test.

My pulse is still independent (Somewhat Like I am.) it averages around 70 beats per minute. They got the pooled liquid from my feet and lungs back where it should be.

Once again I can count my toes. Swollen feet are a sign of congestive heart failure. That’s a chilling thought.

They discharged me with a passing grade and four pills to take daily. I was back to work in Mexico the following  day. Nothing that serious happened.

The only exciting thing that happened?  The third night a little bat flew in. I didn’t understand why such a little thing could cause such a big uproar. Nurses hate bats! Most nurses are women and women hate bats! The room was quickly vacated!!, I mean quickly vacated with the head nurse yelling to me ... did it touch you? Did it touch you?? The bat was traumatized, and the nurses were tranquilized ... the big night passed quietly on.