Tuesday, March 06, 2012

PIDGINS MAY NOT BE DOVES ... BUT THEY'LL DO


I note that there are not too many pidgins in urban Tijuana today; in years past Tijuana had a good share of plump free loading pidgins.

Maybe there is a reason the pidgin population is shrinking.

This afternoon I was spending some time at a new, small orphanage, in central Tijuana. Mexicans have great hospitality! They invited me to stay for lunch. I as I was waiting, I watched one of the lady cooks come in from outside with a happy smile, holding two dead pidgins, which she called doves.

A few grey feathers trailed their way down the stairs through the kitchen, where the feathers stopped. These were truly plump Tijuana pidgins. Within fifteen minutes they became part of a rich molae sauce to combine with the meal of rice. Rich and tasty the brown sauce over the rice made the meal.

This was a considerate and appropriate time for the pidgins to stop by.

Coincidence? I don't think so.

After the meal as I was walking outside through the side door I noted a wide area along the wall with a lot of bird seed scattered around. Could it be that the bird seed attracted "doves" or pidgins for dinner.

I think so!

You see, while the pidgins were busy eating their last dinner, they suddenly became dinner for the kids.

Just a quick grab and a bit of squawking ... fresh protein!

Free plump Tijuana pidgins for the taking. It seems the protein just flew in at the right time. Remember, God brought the quail in didn't He?. Now for TJ pidgins.

Are you hungry Tijuana? You bet you are!