Monday, March 12, 2012

ROLL OVER


Oh how we appreciate you who faithfully pray for us as we work Tijuana.

One night a few weeks ago as I was returning from Tijuana. I was coming to a stop sign, I stepped on my brakes to slow down and my brakes went to the floor! I had no brakes, so I slammed back into first gear and went through the stop and on down the block. Turning right, I eased up another block and parked my car, pausing for a moment to thank God that my brakes went out here rather than a matter of minutes back in Tijuana.

Oh, and next it was the power steering that went out ...

Late last night, I crossed the border and was driving the twenty some miles home. I was almost home when I hit a curb and rolled five times down an embankment on to the street below. It was fast ... it was sudden. As I rolled into the darkness, I wondered what was going to happen when I hit the bottom. Would some speeding car give me the final hit?  Would my car burst into flame?

When my car stopped it was resting on it's side.

Fortunately someone rushed up and wedged my driver's side door open and I climbed out. I looked at my car and it was totaled. I checked myself out and only found a few scratches and bruises. So I'm O. K.

I knew one of the police that came to assist. They helped me collect my essential stuff before the car was hauled to the bone-yard. One of the police offered me a ride home.  "Can I ride in the front seat?"  I asked. "Yeah, (he smiled) you can ride in the front ...  jump in."

Thanks again for your prayers.

Now I'm looking to buy a good used SUV. At my age it will probably be my last car, and because I'm no spring-chicken and  I'm using it in Tijuana, I'll want it to be really dependable!

You might pray with me to that end. Thanks.