Tuesday, July 10, 2012

THERE WERE FIFTY STREET BOYS LISTENING!


A big group of tough kids, feral teens, I call them ... ages twelve to sixteen ... fresh from the streets of Tijuana.

Streets that are cold; streets that are indifferent and un-caring; becoming a place to flop when your drugged into unconsciousness. The boy in the photo above isn't dead, but how often these kids wish they were.

I get this opportunity to teach these teens on a regular bases, thanks to the Children Of Promise Orphanage in Tijuana.

What a miracle, having fifty of these kind of young men listening! I wasn't talking girls, or cars or drugs.

I was talking tough truth from the Word of God and they were listening; indeed a privilege, having these guys "buying" The Lord's important truths.

When I bring out my Bible, they don't recoil or head out the door they listen.

I've never intended my messages to "go across" or even "go over," but rather "go into" those of my audience. Heart penetration is what I'm after. Plowing and planting seeds deep. Change from the inside out. Heart change may be slow change but it is permanent change, and that's what God is after.

It not only takes the right message and messenger but the right environment.

Thanks for praying that powerful environment in.