Thursday, July 05, 2012

TO HELL WITH YOU!


Years ago, it was my Sunday to speak in our Church. I announced my sermon topic a week before. I knew the church would be full.

My topic: "Three people in our church that I would like to see go to hell and why!" There was a hushed silence. Now that statement stirred people up! At the end of the service several people came to me very angry! "You mean you would like someone to go to hell?" "Oh yes, I replied." One person said, "I can't believe you as a pastor would say such a thing!"  ... others said, "Did I hear you correctly" "Oh yes, I'll let you know next week."  I even got calls on the phone.

Well, the next Sunday morning the church was packed! In fact it was electric! Everyone wanted to know who I wanted to go to hell!

I had great attention ... everyone was quite focused!

My point was simply made. I wanted the Senior Pastor, myself and the Sunday School Superintendent of our Church to be in hell for just five minutes, and it would change our lives and passion for serving God ... forever.

Agree?

Pastors! Use this subject for your next sermon!!! ... I guarantee a full house.