Thursday, July 11, 2013

HOW DO YOU SPELL MINISTRY?


I played a surprise visit to David and his family yesterday. He lives in a high hilly four-wheel drive area of Grupo Mexico. My car is good for that.  It was good to get to see David his mom and sisters.

Things have been Going well since his latest surgery in Mexico city. The surgeon changed the location of his catheter a little higher and closer to his bladder ... still, it's a deep insert into his abdomen. He showed me how he does it. Very carefully and a little painful. Thus it will be for life. (I was standing next to his bed; he sleeps on the floor.) That shouldn't be!

David's messed up back causes him to walk with a limp, he has been offered free therapy by the government, and was taking this therapy twice a week.

I found that they quit the therapy last week as the family simply couldn't keep paying the transportation cost; both mom and David traveling to the therapy location and back twice a week. I asked his mother what their transportation cost them each week, and she said about $20.


I asked David directly "Do you feel this therapy is actually helping you?" He said that it was really helping, and he told me what they do for his hour. Pretty impressive; hot packs, electrical treatment and regular physical therapy.

It's only right that we come in and help him keep up this free therapy ... isn't that the way you spell ministry?