Tuesday, July 02, 2013

HUMAN WASHING MACHINE


Last week I was hinting to my heavenly Father that my washing machine wasn't quite cutting it. It's quite old and can't seem to get up the spin it used to have, leaving me a load of half wet towels and clothing. So I have to do a second spin. Then they are ready for my dryer, which doesn't dry too well either.

I drove into the Tribo orphanage this hot afternoon and from the shade of the trees the kids came running across the hot dusty dirt to greet me. More hopping than running as the ground was hot!

Ben, the sub-director, mentioned how the kids had worked. I asked him to point out the ones that worked, and I gave each worker a dollar! Some jumped up and down with joy, a few were not too happy.

Thirty five dirty sweating boys ... bath day is tomorrow. Wash day is today!

I took a look at the side of the building where they were doing the washing. Ben explained that the washing machine they had wasn't washing properly and the spin dry cycle was really slow. So the kids were helping the washing along. (It was a ready made photo opt!)

The washing "machine" part was several kids in two tubs of soapy water and dirty clothing, stomping their feet. No grapes into wine here, just dirty clothing into, well ... slightly cleaner clothing. Others on the clothing wash-day were called to be spin-dryers! I might add that a few chocolate bars pushed the energy level up considerably!

The lines outside in the sun would serve as the Dryer. The electric bill is $300 per month! I might add that the clothing comes out a bit stiff but wearable.

I won't complain again about my washer and dryer.

By the way, would anyone be able to help get a new washer for the kids of the orphanage?