Tuesday, August 03, 2010

THE AMERICA I ONCE KNEW

I'll admit I'm "retro". I'm over 80 now and I should be retro. I've lived a life most of you have never known and I've lived in a free country you've never lived in and enjoyed "America the truly beautiful"; it was much different than today's "America the confused."

Back then there were well established boundaries, we knew who we were and where we were. In my day there were absolutes. We knew our history and where we were going. A proud people.

Perhaps a little too proud.

Similar to what the Scriptures say in Proverbs 22:28, America had a legacy of well-defined boundaries that our forefathers established. Good and clear boundaries which gave us a sense of security and a certain context to the living of life.

God and truth brought ethics and morality. Ethics from the inside out!

The establishing of these wise boundaries made us who we are ... or rather, who we were. (Proverbs 22:28, )

Along the line of time we got careless and content and we forgot to heed the warning of God. "Don't let those boundaries be moved!" Maintain them!

The America of confusion, infighting and chaos that we live in today is in part the result of changing and re-arranging those old boundaries. We've let fools have their way!

What audacity!

A load of young, inexperienced and intellectual ideologues have decided to lead us ... decided to re-arrange the old boundaries. They came in under the label of change and change they did!

They are out to change the very foundations of our Country.

It's hard for us old timers to live in the new America when we knew what real America once was.

Pardon me for hungering for retro! I lived in America the beautiful, America the great!