Sunday, October 24, 2010

INTESTINAL FORTITUDE!

At over eighty years of age why is my intestinal fortitude being questioned?

I fought in the war. I'm not a politically correct person. I'm known as a rebel ... A jungle, Indiana Jones!

People know I have guts!

Oh! "INTESTINAL" fortitude ... literally! My own private guts!

My doctor says at my age my intestines need checking!

Now what's wrong with my innermost plumbing? I don't know. Nothing seems wrong BUT my doctor says he wants to start at my southern end and roam up into and around my innermost plumbing checking things like leaks and connections, whatever.

Oh Joy! This procedure will be video taped in full color! Is nothing sacred? The cost ... oh the co$t! Not just dollars, but a sacrifice of 24 hours of real fasting, enemas, pills, liquids and of course running back and forth to my bathroom spending much of that time perched on top of the white-throne. My internal plumbing must be really, really clean!

Frankly I don't like the idea, I really don't like it ... nothing personal of course.

BUT ... I just didn't have the guts to say NO!

Well, my procedure is over now. Clean, clear and no red-flags ... you see there was really no reason to have this invasion of privacy.

However even in something like this there are rewards!

Would you believe, along with my bill I have seven beautiful full color prints of my intestines ... suitable for framing.

Merry Christmas, I got my presents early!