Saturday, October 09, 2010

LEFT. . .ISN'T RIGHT!

I remember as a new recruit we were learning to march. We were commanded to face left and one recruit faced right. A big military No. No. The sergeant pulled him from the ranks and asked him if he knew his right foot from his left. The Recruit stood there silent. Then the Sergeant raised his big boot and slammed it down hard on the recruit's left foot. “Don't forget; that's your left, your other boot is your right! Do you understand?” “Yes Sir!” and he hobbled back in line. Now he knew his left from his right.

The confusion of Left and Right continues on in politics.

The Conservatives verses the Progressives, and to make it simple it's the Right or Conservatives verses the Left or Progressives which seems only right, or maybe left as you may see it.

Then there is Reverend Wright who's Left as the Right sees him; Wright is not Right at all but rather Left ... of course those of the Right believe Wright is wrong! A simple case of when right is wrong. Is wrong right? I don't think so.

It can get rather confusing.

Even though I lean Right I live on the Left Coast, which makes me at odds with the rest of liberal California. Being Right makes me stand out among the Left.

But where is my heart? ... rather embarrassing.

Truthfully it's on the left. Anatomically that is. On the left yes, but not with the Left, if you know what I mean.

And then there are the Independents, who don't know their Right from their Left!

Time for the D.I. to stomp on their Right foot.